The term ‘Hire Trade Alliance Ltd ’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘HTA’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is ‘Unit 1, Victoria Business Park, Lightowler Road, Halifax, West Yorlshire, Hx1 5ND’. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Comply with all current Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure that all members of Staff obey all company rules and thereby operate in a legal and safe manner
- Provide induction training to all new members of Staff
- Operate a comprehensive Staff training programme and to ensure, as far as is reasonably practical, Staff career advancement. Provide proof that such Staff Training has been carried out and to retain written evidence of such company training for inspection by HSE and/or other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that all premises and especially workshops are operated in a safe manner, that all members of Staff are provided with a safe working environment and that the safety of members of the General Public is protected by company procedures, as far as is reasonably practical.
- Provide each member of Staff with a contract of employment.
- Only supply hire equipment on completion of a formal, legally binding, hire contract.
- Ensure that all items of hire equipment are fully insured and that hire insurance is provided, on demand, to hire customers.
- Issue such personal protective equipment at the time of hire as is considered necessary for the item(s) of equipment issued by the hire company and which is listed on the hire contract.
- Provide safety advice and/or training together with sufficient written information to the hire customer in the form of an Operating Leaflet for Safety for the item(s) of equipment at the time of hire.
- All members of Hire Trade Alliance (HTA) will be expected to abide by the HTA written Code of Practice and to comply with the requirements laid down by the HTA Assessment programme.
- Test all items of equipment before and after each hire period and from time to time whilst the item of equipment is out on hire. Retain records of all tests carried out.
- Cancellation of Membership will require that all references made to HTA and any items which remain HTA intellectual property (e.g. Terms and Conditions of Hire; Logos) must be removed from company literature, stationery and company websites within 90 days
- Any actions or behaviour by Members which bring Hire Trade Alliance into disrepute may result in termination of membership at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- No subscription fee, or part thereof, shall be refundable upon termination of Membership of HTA. The membership year of HTA is to run from 1 January to 31 December each year.
- All members agree to abide by any amendments or additional terms as may be agreed from time to time.